Crossing the Darien Gap (Panama to Colombia)

Juan Bidegain

New Overlander
May 18, 2014
Hi everybody, I am going to be crossing the Darien Gap sometime in july 2014. Me and my van (Libertad) are looking for somebody to share the cost of renting a container to ship from Colon, Panama to Cartagena, Colombia, as that is the "easiest" and quickest route. I do speak spanish as my first language so I think that would be an asset. If anybody is planing to cross please contact me ASAP as I would like to start getting organized. I am sure we can fit 2 vehicles and some motorbikes so the more the cheaper ha ha ha.
Thanks
Juan
http://www.volviendoauruguay.blogspot.com

Hi Juan, unfortunately we are not planing on shipping across until Aug / Sept, but we would interested in how it goes, if you could post which shipping company you use and their contacts no here it would be appreciated.

I know of a couple of others who should be down that way in July, i will see if they are interested.

We are just heading up towards Canada & Alaska from the US, not too sure where you are right now, but if if you think will be passing one another let us know and we can meet for a beer,

Martin

HI Martin, I am in Inuvik, (that is as north as you can drive in Canada's north) until june 6, then flying straight to Costa Rica where my van is parked. But keep me posted on your whereabouts and plans I am always happy to meet/help other fellow overlanders. Also if you can pass it along to some other ppl that are planing to do the crossing it would be awesome, enjoy the road....
Juan

We will be shipping our VW Van from Cartagena to Colon and would be most interested to share a container. We do anticipate to ship the Van by the last week of April/early Mey, 2016. Any traveller shipping to Colon the same period? Wim