The market in Otavalo, Ecuador was by far the most impressive we’ve seen since Guatemala. On market day when the market swells with vendors from surrounding towns the produce market alone would challenge in size any that we have seen in South America so far and that was just a third of what they had to offer. In addition to produce there was a handicraft market and an animal market where you could buy everything from pets to livestock. Markets are fun. They are a playground for every single one of the senses. For this reason I have chosen to include most of the pictures we took that day to try to convey some of that experience. Enjoy!
Our Community on Facebook
- Three more Mexican states: Villahermosa, Campeche and Yucatan
- Colombia: Drugs Barons and Banditos?
- The Overland Event
- Driving the Troncal Amazonica into Ecuador’s Amazon
- Colombia: Lo que Silvia nos contó
- La Expedición Continúa! Navegando a Valencia
- 66. peru: cusco-ayacucho-lima / september 2017
- 65. peru: machu picchu – cusco / august-september 2017
- 64. peru: arequipa – pisaq / august 2017
- 63. arica (chile) bis lima (peru) / august 2017
- Pan-American Highway to Palenque
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- Coming full circle: Canada and the USA
- Muddy and Wet
- Uganda – nichts für Overlander
- And all the adventures to come
- Overland Travel: The Wrath of Wales
- San Cristobal to Palenque – Roadblock! You can’t pass by here today!