The market in Otavalo, Ecuador was by far the most impressive we’ve seen since Guatemala. On market day when the market swells with vendors from surrounding towns the produce market alone would challenge in size any that we have seen in South America so far and that was just a third of what they had to offer. In addition to produce there was a handicraft market and an animal market where you could buy everything from pets to livestock. Markets are fun. They are a playground for every single one of the senses. For this reason I have chosen to include most of the pictures we took that day to try to convey some of that experience. Enjoy!
Our Community on Facebook
- Lockhart River and Chili Beach
- End of school year picnic
- The school’s promotion ceremony
- Peru: Battles and Mines
- San Francisco und der Highway 1
- Three days, three passes – Trek from Juta to Roshka and back
- Tabas, Gonabad, Mashhad
- Guatemala – The Highlights
- 62. fiesta de la tirana / juli 2017
- Autofahren in Afrika
- See Ya’ Later, Alligators!
- A Fiesta, Famous across Ecuador, yet Unknown to Tourists
- Braving Espinazo del Diablo~ The Devil’s Backbone
- No Shiraz for us in Shiraz and what is a Yadz?
- Overland Travel: A Perfect Day in Scotland
- Cómo renovar la estadía en Colombia
- Veracruz state- police encounters!
- Talking travel finance with Nora from Adventurism
- Navigation on the road
- How to download free maps for a Garmin GPS: step-by-step instructions