The market in Otavalo, Ecuador was by far the most impressive we’ve seen since Guatemala. On market day when the market swells with vendors from surrounding towns the produce market alone would challenge in size any that we have seen in South America so far and that was just a third of what they had to offer. In addition to produce there was a handicraft market and an animal market where you could buy everything from pets to livestock. Markets are fun. They are a playground for every single one of the senses. For this reason I have chosen to include most of the pictures we took that day to try to convey some of that experience. Enjoy!
Our Community on Facebook
- Ecuador: desde los Volcanes a la Amazonía
- Exploring Mystical Lakes – Trek from Alaudin Lakes to Kulikalon Lake and back
- The 10 most important vaccinations for an overland trip
- Money and Worldtrips
- South America Overlanding Video Fest!!
- Headed to Chinggis in search of the Great Khan
- What inspired you to travel the Pan-American Highway?
- Just Too Good at Goodbye
- Quito to Caño Cristales SO2Ep13
- Alaska Road Trip Turns Into A Nightmare – Hasta Alaska – S05E02
- Ecuador: Noticias desde la Mitad del Mundo
- Six things you miss about life before overlanding.
- Guatemala City for a week or so…..
- Über den Lippincott Pass ins Death Valley
- Overlanddiaries Expeditions & Voukefalas Pack List
- Mozambique 1: This Feels Like Vacation!
- Recinto del Pensamiento: Lured by a Butterfly Obsession
- Arriving In Alaska After 3 Years Of Driving – Hasta Alaska – S05E01
- The Peninsula Valdes
- A little side trip to Lake Baikal, Russian Federation