At 8:15 AM, August 6, 1945, an American B-29 bomber carried out the World’s first atomic bombing. The bomb was about 3 m, (9.8 ft.), long and weighed about 4 tons. It was called “Thin Man” at first because of its long thin design. When the actual bomb turned out to be shorter than expected, the name was changed to “Little Boy”.
Our Community on Facebook
- Gobi – versteckte Schätze
- Colonial Jewels in Michoacán
- Krygyzstan Song-Kul lake, “the big lake” and Bishkek.
- Pok ta Pok- the Mayan ball game
- Three more Mexican states: Villahermosa, Campeche and Yucatan
- Colombia: Drugs Barons and Banditos?
- The Overland Event
- Driving the Troncal Amazonica into Ecuador’s Amazon
- Colombia: Lo que Silvia nos contó
- La Expedición Continúa! Navegando a Valencia
- 66. peru: cusco-ayacucho-lima / september 2017
- 65. peru: machu picchu – cusco / august-september 2017
- 64. peru: arequipa – pisaq / august 2017
- 63. arica (chile) bis lima (peru) / august 2017
- Pan-American Highway to Palenque
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- Coming full circle: Canada and the USA
- Muddy and Wet