Let the truth be known, one of the main reasons Monika and I wanted to visit Japan was to see the amazing Snow Monkeys. In the frigid valleys of Japan’s Shiga-Kogen (Highlands) near Nagano, the site of 1998 Winter Olympics, are thermal springs that have been discovered by a troop of Japanese Macaque monkeys. They are also known as the Snow Monkeys because they live in areas where snow covers the ground for months each year.
Our Community on Facebook
- Gobi – versteckte Schätze
- Colonial Jewels in Michoacán
- Krygyzstan Song-Kul lake, “the big lake” and Bishkek.
- Pok ta Pok- the Mayan ball game
- Three more Mexican states: Villahermosa, Campeche and Yucatan
- Colombia: Drugs Barons and Banditos?
- The Overland Event
- Driving the Troncal Amazonica into Ecuador’s Amazon
- Colombia: Lo que Silvia nos contó
- La Expedición Continúa! Navegando a Valencia
- 66. peru: cusco-ayacucho-lima / september 2017
- 65. peru: machu picchu – cusco / august-september 2017
- 64. peru: arequipa – pisaq / august 2017
- 63. arica (chile) bis lima (peru) / august 2017
- Pan-American Highway to Palenque
- Motorbike Overlanding – 5 years on 2 wheels – What Now?
- Coming full circle: Canada and the USA
- Muddy and Wet