Let the truth be known, one of the main reasons Monika and I wanted to visit Japan was to see the amazing Snow Monkeys. In the frigid valleys of Japan’s Shiga-Kogen (Highlands) near Nagano, the site of 1998 Winter Olympics, are thermal springs that have been discovered by a troop of Japanese Macaque monkeys. They are also known as the Snow Monkeys because they live in areas where snow covers the ground for months each year.
Our Community on Facebook
- Fathers work day
- A subdued day of the dead
- A better way
- Ecuador: desde los Volcanes a la Amazonía
- Exploring Mystical Lakes – Trek from Alaudin Lakes to Kulikalon Lake and back
- The 10 most important vaccinations for an overland trip
- Money and Worldtrips
- South America Overlanding Video Fest!!
- Headed to Chinggis in search of the Great Khan
- What inspired you to travel the Pan-American Highway?
- Just Too Good at Goodbye
- Quito to Caño Cristales SO2Ep13
- Alaska Road Trip Turns Into A Nightmare – Hasta Alaska – S05E02
- Ecuador: Noticias desde la Mitad del Mundo
- Six things you miss about life before overlanding.
- Guatemala City for a week or so…..
- Über den Lippincott Pass ins Death Valley
- Overlanddiaries Expeditions & Voukefalas Pack List
- Mozambique 1: This Feels Like Vacation!
- Recinto del Pensamiento: Lured by a Butterfly Obsession