1975 Bedford MK / Former Firetruck: Restoration and Adventure Truck / Home on Wheels Build

Lisa Wrench

New Overlander
Feb 19, 2022
Hello Everyone, my name is Lisa and I'm in the UK, in Cornwall, where I live with my partner, Tim. We started building / restoring a 1975 Bedford truck about a year ago. It is a 4x4, former firetruck, and we wanted a big project to get our teeth into during the pandemic. Our intention is to fully restore the base vehicle and transform it into a really unique home on wheels / overlander / adventure mobile that we can live and travel in full time. We've restored the cab and we're currently working on all the gubbins and the interior of the cab, and the next stage will be to take apart the chassis and spend most of this year restoring that before we then begin building a subframe ready for the habitation box which we will hopefully begin work on next winter. It's slow going as we're doing it all on a tiny budget (this is our challenge) so we're doing EVERYTHING ourselves, including sandblasting, powder coating, electrics, plating. We're documenting the build on our website www.oldropesalvage.co.uk and through our YouTube channel at Old Rope Salvage. I'll add a link to a recent video where we did a recap of progress so far. Looking forward to future adventures. We're a bit nervous about this new life we're planning on, but excited to meet new folks and exchange stories and info. Thanks for reading, Lisa.
Link to Video / Progress so far recap