after completing Europe - AFRICA is next ...

MB407

New Overlander
I was born in the EasternGermanRepublik in Berlin City, so kind of stuck in this place until the wall came down. Life opened so much new possibilities and i discovered Eastern Africa in service of German Navy.
Travelling was Always a part of life, by bicycle, bike and later in proper rigs…

my first rides...

then i started playing with the bigger toys and moved my van to morocco every winter, europe could get cold though. One year i wanted to see what's behind the Sahara, roads make it possible. This was the first time i fell in love with "black africa" and decided to come back without a time Limit to explore. Therefore a new more capable truck was needed. i build one, sold the other for gas and here i am in Togo now.

My stories are written in german, but lots of pics and Maybe even Google translate can help.

I crossed Morocco, Mauritania, Mali, Guinee, Bissau, Gambia, Senegal, Ivory, Ghana and since Corona i stay in Togo to continue Benin, Nigeria cameron and the congos later.

german travel blog...

If there is time i try to translate or explain some stages...

Reactions: Goddess_in-Waiting
I share your love of Africa. Although I've only been to one country so far - Morocco. It was enough for me to get the idea to go all over Africa (except for the countries where it's very dangerous). In Morocco, it was a revelation to me that it's freezing in the desert at night. The temperature can drop to 5 degrees. Before, it seemed like a fairy tale to me. We could write separate books about the city of Fez. It's a mystery and splendor. Recently I came across Urlaub im Allgäu und Oberbayern, so I had to pause my Africa trip. I couldn't resist the nature and cities of Germany. I'll definitely read about your travels in Africa.

Last edited:
Hi, Morocco is a nice Country I’ve been there 2 times all the way down to Mali, Bamako. The best time to go is in January and February is not to hot or cold overnight.
Any questions let me know.
Steven