British Citizens in the USA


New Overlander
Dec 19, 2014
We're currently living in and travelling in our British registered motorhome around Europe (Southern Greece at the moment)
We'd like to do the same around North America for a few years in the future. We may import something from over here, or perhaps buy a suitable rig over there.
It seems that the biggest restriction on our plans is how long WE as opposed the van can be there. I've heard it may only be 6 months. We'd like it to be for a few years. Can we get around restrictions by flying out of the country for a short time (we will likely return to Europe at least once per year), and or driving into Canada or Mexico and back??
Anybody with any experience of doing this?
Peter and Elaine