David Modini

New Overlander
Jun 28, 2017
www.instagram.com
Available early to mid December and priced to sell!
Our family of 5 have been been calling this beauty home since January and sadly, we will have to say a reluctant goodbye in December. Wish we could stay another year, or two, or three. Can be made available anywhere between Santiago and Ushuaia, preferably closer to Ushuaia.
All details below and would love to hear from you if you have any interest or questions. Please feel free to forward to friend!
$19,500
See link for more photo's: 2008 FORD F350 4WD Super Duty with Explorer slide on camper.pdf
-----------------------------------------------------------

Why did we chose this vehicle for ourselves?
** It's a 4x4 **
We are a family of 5 and wanted comfortable living and sleeping but at the same time did not want to be limited on roads as most vans and RVs are. A 4WD was a must for us and we are thankful we made the decision as we could never have travelled the roads we did or have seen what we saw with a non-4x4 vehicle.
** Crew Cab **
Since we are 5 people, we needed to drive in comfort. This big truck seats 6 comfortably and has 6 seatbelts.
** Gasoline **
We specifically wanted gasoline because the diesel in South America does not do engines younger than 2006 any good.
** F350 **
As we are carrying weight with the camper, the higher block and stiffer springs of an F350 make towing easier on the truck. The F350 tow package allows the car to use engine brakes to slow down, great in the ups and downs of the Andes, and great news for the brakes. F250s and F150s do not have this.

All in all we wanted a reliable, heavy duty vehicle in good condition and low mileage (relative to the year) to get us across the Americas with no issues. The F350 has not disappointed.

Details and history
--------------------------
We bought the truck in Canada in January 2017 with 167,000 km on it. We've put 11,000km on it ourselves, and expect to put another 11,000km on by the end of our trip. The truck was bought from a Canadian company called Ledcor and I have requested a service history from them so this should be available to you shortly. I am the second owner. Since the initial service in Canada and transmission fluid change in USA (maintenance), mechanically the only issue we have had since purchase was a required replacement of a fuel pump, ignitor coil and spark plug, which happened in Colombia. We went to the Ford Service Centre in Bucaramunga as I don't trust the local side-of-the-road mechanics here. We will ONLY ever take it to a Ford Service Centre for service and maintenance. I have full receipts which are kept with the rest of the paperwork you will receive with the vehicle. We are a family of five, and both myself and my husband are in our late 40s so we do things properly to maintain the vehicle in the best possible state. For us, it is not worth the risk, time and money to not service the vehicle properly.

Registration and transfer of title
--------------------------------------------
The vehicle is registered in Alberta, Canada and it is easy to swap registration to your name if you have had a car registered in Alberta before. Long shot, I know. Otherwise, all you will need to cross the border in any South American country is a notary paper stating that I am transferring the vehicle to your ownership (bill of sale needs to be included) and that I give you full authority to operate the vehicle. This is known as a “poder”. A trip to the DIAN will be necessary to swap country specific immigration paperwork, for both of us. The vehicle is registered both as a car and also a motorhome and can therefore be imported into Chile and swap over to Chilean plates if that is preferred or if a local intends on purchasing.

Camper facilities:
• can sleep 5
• queen bed above cab
• dinette folds out to double bed
• a bunkbed is above the dinette and when not in use,
doubles as extra storage
• bathroom with toilet, basin and shower
• kitchen with refrigerator and freezer, 3 burner propane stove, oven
and overhead fan

Camper appliances:
• Suburban brand direct vent gas water heater
• Atwood brand hydro flame furnace (also propane)
• 2 x 10kg propane tanks with 2-stage LPG regulator
• Hijacker brand hydraulic camper jacks (x4)
• Wedgewood brand 3 burner gas stovetop plus oven
• Braund Galaxy 300 Co-Ax all channel RV antenna (but
no TV installed)
• Norcold brand 3-way model refrigerator (propane, AC
108-132V, and DC 12 volts)
• 1100 volt converter 110 Watt (American standard) AND a second 1000 volt converter 240 Watt (European and Australian/NZ standard). Therefore can run electrical equipment from all over the world.
• 2 deep cycle batteries (can wild camp up to 4 days if you conserve energy)
• Fantastic brand 2 way large extractor fan installed. cannot do without for fresh air circulation and condensation
• 2 installed fans for when it gets really hot
• LED lights have been installed around dinette

What kind of kit is included?
--------------------------------------
Camper is fully kitted out for a comfortable life for 5 people which will all be included of course:
• all bedding; sheets, duvets, mattress protectors, feather bed underlays, blankets, pillows and cushions (all duvets are goose down and feather)
• brand new queen mattress bought in USA labelled February 2017
• new curtains throughout
• all white goods; 6 each of bowls, large plates, small plates, mini bowls, drinking cups and mugs. Cutlery (set of 8) plus heaps of utensils too many to name.
• all plastic ware pantry organisation items, spice rack and crockery including three pots (1 pressure cooker), 3 different sized frying pans, pyrex baking dish, cake pan, pizza pan, muffin tray, kettle, chopping boards etc
• bathroom has medicine cabinet and separate toiletry hanging space.
• 2 outdoor chairs and indoor table converts to outdoor table
• fishing rod
• car tools and a big red tool box
• water hose to fill up tank
• electrical lead to plug in when you can

Storage:
• 2 hanging wardrobes near main bed
• 2 deep cupboards running either length of queen size bed
• large wardrobe space with 4 pull out drawers
• cutlery drawer
• 3 large utility storage areas
• 3 cupboards above kitchen
• extra utensil drawer
• 2 further storage cupboards under fridge
• Large bench space in kitchen to across camper and the length of the fridge (biggest bench space I have seen in a camper of this size)
• under seat storage in dinette
• lots of hooks for easy access storage

If you want to save about 6 weeks’ time kitting out your camper, consider this one because it is beautifully decorated and has everything a family could need to live comfortably for a year.

See link for more photo's: 2008 FORD F350 4WD Super Duty with Explorer slide on camper.pdf

camper.jpg