Isuzu Dmax Overland UK to Aus

dmaxoverland

New Overlander
Mar 5, 2023
We've had many Land Rovers in the past and then we decided to travel. So after much thought we bought a 2015 Isuzu Dmax extended cab for reasons not to get into.
We're planning on building this vehicle into a tourer that would be able to get us from the UK to Australia in 2025 over 2 years. I plan to build a sort of Alu-Cab canopy camper on the tub and upgrade the suspension with an OME kit with a very small lift and all terrain tyres. Bar work with a winch at the front and HD side steps. The camper interior will be two removable units, one being a bench seat and the other being a kitchen/storage system with the bed in the roof. At least a 50lt water tank will be added and an extended fuel tank to reach 1000km on a single tank. A CTEK dual battery system will be put in, with solar on the roof.
We're drawn to an induction cooker but if anyone has any experience with these (to buy or not to buy) any help would be great.

I have incorporated 2 induction dual cook tops in my build, one inside and one outside. It is so quick to heat up and I generally cook at lower temperatures due to the efficiency. Being able to cook outside with not having to worry about wind blowing out any flames is a bonus.