Kazakhstan has suspended visa-free entry for foreigners

OverlandSphere

Admin
Staff member
May 26, 2013
www.overlandsphere.com
Source: Казахстан приостановил безвизовый въезд для иностранцев

By a government decree, until November 1, 2020, the visa-free regime of entry, stay and departure from Kazakhstan is suspended. The document is published on the website of the Prime Minister, reports Tengrinews.kz .

The decision was made in accordance with paragraph 1 of Article 46 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated April 6, 2016 "On Legal Acts".

“Suspend until November 1, 2020 the validity of paragraph 17 of the Rules of entry and stay of immigrants in the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as their departure from the Republic of Kazakhstan, approved by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated January 21, 2012 No. 148 (SAPP of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 2012, No. 29 , Article 388), "the document says.

According to paragraph 17 of the rules, citizens of the following countries could enter and leave Kazakhstan without visas if their stay in the country did not exceed 30 calendar days from the moment of crossing the state border: Australia, USA, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, UAE, Vatican, Vietnam Germany, Greece, Denmark, New Zealand, Japan, Israel, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Indonesia, Italy, Canada, Qatar, Cyprus, Colombia, South Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malaysia, Malta , Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norve tions, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, the Philippines, Finland, France, Croatia, Czech Republic, Chile, Switzerland, Sweden and Estonia.

Also, amendments were made to paragraph 26-1, according to which a 72-hour visa-free regime for entry, stay and departure from the Republic was valid for citizens of China and India, who transit through international airports of the cities of Nur Sultan, Almaty, Shymkent, Aktau, Karaganda and Taraz Kazakhstan.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been instructed through diplomatic channels to send a notification to the states indicated in the Rules.

The decision began on April 17th.

I wanted to visit my fiancee this November in Almaty and there were issues with customs. I also had to turn to Family Law in order to prove our relationship and also make sure that my 5 yrs old son is eligible to leave the USA without my ex.