Leaving Bolivia without your imported vehicle


New Member
Hello everyone,

We are heading to Bolivia for Christmas and want to leave our motorbike with some friends while we head back up to Peru while we meet family. We would be leaving it for about a month. Can't find any info on whether this is possible. Anyone know?



Staff member
Hi believe you are permitted to leave the country, and leave the bikes there provided you return and leave Boliva before the TIP expiries.

The only issue i can see is that on the border i think you get a 30day visa which is extendible for a further 60 days.... but they may only issue you a TIP for those same 30 days so you may have to explain to them you are planning to extend your visa later

It might be worth asking in our FB Group as others may have personal experiance of this... Facebook Overlanding Group
Top Bottom