Nissan Patrol

I know, a lot of people will tell me a toyota is better... I don't care, I can't hear it anymore. I like people telling me "you can't do that!", "it's not gonna work!". that's a good motivation to prove, that I can do it.
I got a gq patrol, a good, reliable, old car that brought me already 60.000km around australia without any major issues (and I'm not counting 4 flat tyres and 3 flat batteries in 1.5years...). anyway, getting prepared to set off on a trip around the world, of course I know, it wont be as easy as it is in australia. so, dear nissan-owner... what are your experiences to get a nissan fixed or get parts for it anywhere else in the world? and what parts do you take with you except of the usual filters and belts? don't know how many of you are out there, but could we get a few names and addresses together for mechanics, shops, whatever?
I heard, it's easier in southafrica, they got a lot of patrols. but I heard of a guy, flying back to australia to get parts, cause he couldn't find any in pakistan. southamerika could be a bit tricky as well, I heard.
so, what are your experiences?

Welcome gypsygirl.
I don't know much about Patrols but you've got a good tough car and you know it, so thats a good start (and you don't need a Toyota). You can use the net to research Nissan dealerships in each country, take contact info for the Head office in each country and contact them if needed. Or Patrol/Nissan 4wd clubs?
Arrange support at home (Oz?), someone who knows cars and can organise parts to be freighted to you for a major breakdown using companies like DHL - even some of the Nissan dealer Service areas may be able to help. I have an Isuzu light truck and have used the Isuzu dealer near where I live for mechanical advice and he ships parts OS if needed.
You can get parts delivered most anywhere in a week or so. You'll probably find that Customs will cause the biggest and costliest delay.
Have you got a Nissan workshop manual for your car? If you don't have a mechanical background they make life much easier. Same model cars overseas often have different specs, engines etc - so a workshop manual with its specs and schematics are useful in foreign workshops as well.
Don't get too obsessed with 'breakdown issues', they probably won't happen and much of the smaller stuff like shocks, springs, tyres that might break or wear you can get anyway - the locals will all be driving something - and you've got an older car which is easier to get repaired in less developed countries.
Finally, if you can drive around Australia you can drive anywhere. It won't be the road conditions that worry you it will be the crazy drivers and lack of road rules but you'll soon adapt.
Good luck and have fun.