Our LC 120 build through 73 countries till today

IOANNIS GIANNOPOULOS

New Overlander
May 27, 2014
MYKONOS
www.overlanddiaries.com
Our Toyota Land Cruiser 120 is a left hand drive full extra EU version of the Land Cruiser 120(not called prado in europe)has the KDJ 120 3000 D4D motor. The specific version comes with air suspension in the rare and adjustable KYB shocks front and back from stock. No lift is needed as I can air it up and down on demand. It also comes with a dual battery from factory but no long range tank. I thought of adding one in Australia but I did not need it so far to be honest. We have done Gibb river road ,Cape York, Savanah way and other remote areas but as the vehicle is kept as light as possible We can get a good 800 km out of the stock 85 litters tank.Now for actual overlanding needs upgrades we have a James Baroud evo rooftop tent on 3 vertical bars on the Toyota roof bars. The total of weight on our roof including an extra memory foam mattress, two awnings & a light bar is 85kg. Toyota suggests 90-100kg but as we also going off road it is better to be as bellow as possible than that . In the rest of the exterior we have added a Toyota Alloy Bull bar that we needed to remove the top part and turn it to a nudge bar as bull bars are not allowed in Europe as well as other parts of the world. With that done we fitted a Tigger shark Superwinch 9500 hidden behind the licence plate and a good set off bash plates and recovery points. A snorkel and breathers are added to finish up the exterior and engine modifications. Inside the cab now we separate our space in two areas. In the rear behind the back seats we fitted a 40 litter water tank gravity fed and a front runner draw system specific for that model with a 48 litter fridge on a slide. All that back area is the kitchen. Exactly behind the drivers seat we have a 72 lithium amp charging station from topo power that we can constantly run our fridge and all the auxiliary appliance. This station has its own integrated DC to DC charger so we can hook up direct a 200 watt solar blanket to keep the battery toped up while we are stationery, otherwise the 20 amp alternator from the vehicle keeps it going while driving. On the back seat is where we keep our personal belongings. We might remove all the seats in the future but for now only one has been removed. All and all and when full in diesel and water we are 20 kg lighter than our 2995kg GVM. Lastly we run BF Goodrich AT on standard 17 inch rims as our tyres. We have tried to keep the vehicle as stock as possible. That gives us plenty of flexibility in parts around the world as well our fuel consumption to almost factory standards. Check out our website www.overlanddiaries.com there are plenty of pictures there and let me know what else you need.

Attachments

• 87AD3A0D-FEC0-4DAB-8BC0-FF51013DB49B.JPG
    87AD3A0D-FEC0-4DAB-8BC0-FF51013DB49B.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0382.JPG
    DSC_0382.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3747.jpeg
    IMG_3747.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 3