South America shipping partner request: Florida to Montevideo Dec 2015 - Cheap 40ft

OverlandTheWorld

New Overlander
Jan 7, 2015
South America shipping partner request: Florida to Montevideo Dec 2015 - Cheap 40ft
Since the ferry is not working, we are looking for a shipping partner to South America before Dakar 2016:

• To share a 40ft high cube container from Jacksonville, FL to Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • The vessel leaves JAX every Weds with 26 day transit and 1 week cutoff before shipping. We were looking at 11/25/15 Cutoff in JAX, 12/2/15 Sail date, 12/28/15 arrival in Montevideo
  • The total quote for the 40 ft container was $3158. We would split this
  • Price includes loading, trucking to the port, export customs clearance, terminal handling and documentation fees in Montevideo. We would still need to get it out of the container there
  • Vehicle must fit under 8.5ft door height and not be over 21ft long
  • We have a great shipping agent in FL, he is currently sending a car down now, so we will have some recent 1st hand knowledge on how smoothly Montevideo is running for shipping.
Cheers

Monica & Jeff Yaeger

Hello Monica and Jeff, I guess is to late to offer to share a container with you... but we plan to ship our car next month from florida to Montevideo and I saw that you have a great shipment agent and I would like to ask his contact so we might ship with him too. Thank you!

Mirella or OverlandTheWorld,

How did the shipping go? I would love to contact the same people you used to ship and get your car out of port in Montevideo. I am thinking of a November or early December shipping.

Thanks,
Mark