Southern Africa in a Uk registered car without a carnet…

Lydia

New Overlander
Apr 22, 2022
Hi
We are planning a over-landing trip in August 2022 until April 2022. Ideally looking at exporting a car via Tanzania and going to the following countries
• Malawi
• Zambia
• Zimbabwe
• Botswana
• South Africa
• Monzabique (shipping back to Uk)

Due to funds looking at doing the trip with out a carnet de passage. Does anyone know if this is possible/ any advice is greatly appreciate.
We have got a plan B of buying a car via a agent in South Africa but just trying to look at all options.

Thanks
Lydia

Hi Lydia,

Have you made any further progress with your planning, I am thinking of a similar trip but shipping from Middle East to East Africa, travelling down the coast and then ship back to UK.

Peter

Hi Peter,

yes we have got bit further, we are getting a carnet and planning on shipping to Durban in June.

Hi Lydia,

That sounds great, and a sensible option. Enjoy your travels.

Peter

Hi Lydia and Pete,

so great to hear about your travels! My partner and I are planning to only do 2-4 months in South/Eastern Africa (perhaps some of the following countries: SA, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya). We were thinking about just renting a car and I'm curious to know if you have information about the best way of buying a car in South Africa?
Thank you!