Vehicle Modifications

Flurven

Hello. My wife and I live in Ecuador and are planning to drive into Northern Peru for a few weeks this summer. We have a mostly stock '95 FZJ73 and plan on upgrading the existing auxiliary lights, adding a winch to the aftermarket bumper, and adding gas storage. Does anyone have any recommendations for the suspension? We're not going to be carrying a ton of weight. The suspension is meant for 4x4 driving (read- a rough ride). Is there a mod that will improve the ride on rough roads? Thanks.

CARiD

Land Cruiser 73 actually has pretty good stock suspension so if you are not going to install oversized tires it should be fine. If you are looking for a lift kit it depends on what are you going to do with the vehicle, this article will give you a lot of interesting information: Body Lifts & Suspension Lifts From 2 to 10 Inches | What are my Lift Kit Choices? If you simply need bigger wheels, 2-3" body lift would be just fine, however if you opt to a complete suspension lift kit with new shocks and longer control arms you will get a much better articulation and wheel travel. King, Bilstein 5100 shocks or Fox shocks will work, but they are not as affordable as the body lift kit.